Five Private Mints and What Makes Them Unique
Mints from around the world produce unique Precious Metals products. The differences between sovereign mints and private mints are vast but the most important difference is sovereign mints make legal tender coins, meaning their products have a monetary face value. Bullion items produced by sovereign mints are often uniform and follow a theme. A private mint, however, does not produce bullion for legal tender. Oftentimes the creativity and uniqueness of private mints provides coin collectors and numismatic enthusiasts options to diversify their collection. There are several private mints around the world that add their own spin to Precious Metals bullion. Here are five private mints and what makes them each unique.
- Engelhard: Engelhard was founded in New Jersey and is now a subsidiary of German manufacturer BASF. To date, they are the world's largest refinery for Precious Metals. Engelhard has a reputation with coin collectors and numismatic experts for trustworthiness and top-quality products. For more than 100 years, they have produced bullion bars and bullion rounds for customers all over the world in different sizes that meet certain budgetary requirements. The designs on their Gold bullion rounds and Silver bullion rounds pay homage to American and Canadian history. Their Silver bars and Gold bars are available in various sizes, giving buyers options. Engelhard also produces automobile parts and other industrial applications.
- Scottsdale Mint: Based in Arizona, Scottsdale Mint is famously known for their Bible Series coins, a collection of scenes and people from the Bible. The Silver coins in this series have a rimless
design and are among themost popular and widely collected coins from a private mint. To complement their Bible Series coins, they also mint the Viking Series Silver coins and Silver Stacker rounds. The contemporary Scottsdale Mint brand image makes them a unique mint. Not afraid to test the boundaries of unique designs, Scottsdale Mint continues to dazzle numismatic collectors all over the world.
- PAMP Suisse: Known for their beautiful designs, PAMP Suisse is one of the oldest refiners in the world and one of the world's leading brands for bullion production and quality. What makes them unique is their precision when it comes to designing bullion products. Guaranteed to be .9999 fine Gold or Silver, or .9995 fine Platinum or Palladium, PAMP Suisse has shipped metals to people all over the world. One of their popular designs, the Lady Fortuna, is a world's top seller in numismatics and bullion. The artistry and design are synonymous with PAMP's dedication to excellence.
- Sunshine Mint: The Sunshine Mint has a unique security system. Known as MintMark SI, the security feature prevents coin and bullion counterfeiting. All Sunshine Mint products available at APMEX have a micro-engraved security feature only visible using a specialized decoder lens. This special and unique security feature will prevent you from buying counterfeit coins and helps you determine its authenticity.
- MK Barz and Bullion: If you are looking for bullion that is not traditionally shaped as a bar or round, MK Barz and Bullion offers unique shapes for you. Also unique about these bullion pieces is they are all hand-poured so no two shapes are identical. Bullion from MK Barz will certainly add a unique dimension to your collection. Choose from a lion's head or a heart-shaped bar. If you are feeling a little more creative, select from a Silver grenade or 3-D Silver skull.
There are many more private mints around the world that produce high-quality metal products. This only scratches the surface of what is capable in the field of Precious Metals. You can find products from these private mints and more at APMEX.