Founder of APMEX Inc., Scott Thomas has served as President of APMEX since its inception. Under his leadership, APMEX has become one of the largest buyers and sellers of gold, silver and other precious metal products in the United States. A visionary leader, Mr. Thomas conceived and implemented the company’s highly successful approach to marketing and distributing precious metals products through the Internet via www.APMEX.com
Accomplishments and Achievements
- Built APMEX Inc. from a small, single location, retail store into a global operation today with multiple locations and hundreds of employees.
- Earned acceptance for APMEX as an authorized distributor for many major governments that mint and distribute gold and precious metal coins, including as an Authorized Purchaser with the United States Mint.
- Grew APMEX into a buyer and seller of thousands of different precious metal products with an aggregate value in the billions of dollars.
- Cultivated a large and active network of thousands of independent dealers providing liquidity and a strong, active two-way market for thousands of precious metal products.
- Revolutionized the precious metal industry by displaying transparent buying and selling prices in real-time on the APMEX website.
- Expanded APMEX's presence globally into more than 40 countries currently.
Mr. Thomas is an active member of the Industry Council for Tangible Assets (ICTA), an industry trade association, and the International Precious Metals Institute (IPMI), an international association of producers, refiners, fabricators, scientists, financial institutions and merchants in the precious metals markets. In 2009, Mr. Thomas received the prestigious Presidential Award from the American Numismatic Association, the world's largest and most respected numismatic organization.