Consider weakening currencies, international tensions and natural disasters in a world where light-speed communications can turn any geopolitical murmur into a major shock to the financial system. Physical Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium provide protection against these major financial shocks by creating a strategically balanced investment portfolio. Precious Metals give your retirement portfolio the benefit of:
- A hedge for purchasing power When inflation devalues paper currency, the relative purchasing power of Gold and Silver generally remains intact.
- Insurance for other investments Precious Metals values generally move independently of stocks, bonds, and Treasury bills, making them a possible hedge against unstable markets and keeping your portfolio balanced.
A Precious Metals IRA is a Self-Directed IRA. You can invest in your choice of IRA-approved products. APMEX specialists are available to help you diversify your assets into a Precious Metals portfolio. Any profits from the sales of your investments can be tax deferred, just like any profits from any IRA, as long as you keep the proceeds from your sale with your custodian for reinvestment or transfer the proceeds to another IRA account.
APMEX helps you get the most from a Precious Metals IRA. We have specialists dedicated to helping you every step of the way. They can be reached at (800) 418-0235 or by email, IRA@apmex.com.
How To Get Started
Open A Custodian Account
The IRS requires that you keep your IRA Precious Metals in a custodian account. The custodians listed below have working relationships with APMEX and offer high quality, reliable service that we value.
Fund The Account
Once you have opened a custodial account, you can fund a new account, transfer or roll over existing IRA or former employer 401(k). Any questions, please contact an APMEX IRA Specialist at (800) 418-0235.
Precious Metals IRA (2:38)
Did you know you could have more than one IRA? Or how easy it is to set up an IRA just for Precious Metals? See how easy it is to set up a new IRA or roll over funds from an existing IRA or a 401(k).
Silver IRA and Gold IRA Investing Video
Let’s face it, we live in uncertain times. Economic turmoil, weakening currencies and light speed communications that drive through the financial markets in a heartbeat. It’s no wonder that investors protect their portfolios with one of history’s best economic insurance policies: Physical Precious Metals. But what about your most important portfolio? Your retirement portfolio.
Did you know you can have more than one IRA? Do you know how easy it is to create a separate IRA, just for precious metals? Yes, easy. In fact, very easy. You can set up a new IRA or rollover funds from an existing IRA or 401(k) from a former employer and with help from an APMEX IRA specialist, it’s even easier. Easy as 1-2-3.
First, talk to an APMEX IRA Specialist. You can reach us by phone 1-800-418-0235 or by emailing IRA@APMEX.com. We'll show you how easy it is to setup and roll over funds into a precious metals IRA and how to get the most from them.
Next, you'll need a custodian account. If you have one already, great! We'll be happy to work with your custodian. If you don't, we know a number of reliable and trustworthy IRA custodians to properly vault, care for and insure your physical precious metals.
Finally, once you set up and fund your custodian account, call us back and we'll help you choose the IRA approved investments that best meet your needs. Many of the highest quality bullion products qualify for a precious metals IRA. These include some of the more popular Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium coins from around the world. Plus, bars and rounds from NYMEX- or COMEX- approved refiners and assayers.
Unfortunately, collectible coins with numismatic value do not qualify as IRA investments at this present time, but we have hundreds of products at APMEX that can go into a precious metals IRA and get you on the fast track to diversified retirement investing.
Get started now.
Call an APMEX IRA specialist at 1-800-418-0235 today or email us at IRA@APMEX.com. See how easy it is to add precious metals to your most important investment portfolio, your retirement portfolio.
The Entrust Group
555 12th Street #1250
Oakland, CA 94607
Toll Free: 877.545.0544
Fax: 775.850.9118 www.entrustgoldira.com
Self Directed IRA Services, Inc.
215 Mary Avenue, Suite 311
Waco, TX 76701
Toll Free: 866.928.9394
Fax: 512.495.9554 www.sdiraservices.com
Goldstar Trust Company
P.O. Box 719
Canyon, TX 79015
Toll Free: 800.486.6888
Fax: 806.655.2530 www.goldstartrust.com
New Direction IRA, Inc.
1070 W. Century Drive, Suite 101
Louisville, CO 80027
Toll Free: 877.742.1270
Fax: 303.665.5962 www.gold.newdirectionira.com
Kingdom Trust Company
Sioux Falls, SD, Chicago, IL, Murray, KY
Toll Free: 888.753.6972
Fax: 270.226.1001 www.kingdomtrustco.com
DIVERSIFY YOUR RETIREMENT SAVINGS WITH A PRECIOUS METALS IRA
Contact Us: 800.418.0235
- CAUTIONARY STATEMENT
- This information is for informational purposes only and is not to be relied on as a recommendation or an offer to buy, hold, or sell any product or service to which this information may relate. While the information is obtained from sources we believe to be reliable, we do not guarantee that it is accurate or complete. While physical Precious Metals may offer benefits not associated with other asset classes, they may be subject to storage, liquidity, accessibility, price volatility, and other issues that should be considered in determining suitability as an investment. All investors should make their own determination of whether or not to make any investment, based on their own respective independent evaluation and analysis. All APMEX orders, purchases and sales, if any, are subject to the terms of the User Agreement and other applicable policies.
- REASONS TO INVEST
- APMEX has identified five primary reasons why an investor purchases Precious Metals:
- - Wealth protection
- - Wealth accumulation
- - Portfolio diversification
- - Hedge against governments, big business & economic/currency collapse
- - Coin collecting
- TWO WAYS TO INVEST
- With APMEX, there are two ways to own Precious Metals:
- - BUY – HOLD (Buy, Take Delivery, or Use Secure Storage)
- - SELF-DIRECTED IRA (Use Retirement Funds, Metals Held in a Depository on Your Behalf)
- WHAT IS A SELF-DIRECTED IRA?
- A self-directed IRA is an IRA that allows non-traditional assets such as Precious Metals to be held as the investment:
- - Some brokerage companies may allow for a self-directed option, but may not allow alternative investments like physical metals.
- WHY CONSIDER IT?
- Precious Metals in a self-directed IRA:
- - Allow you to strategically balance your portfolio— perhaps the best option for the individual investor.
- - May help to create a balanced portfolio, due to Gold’s negative correlation.
- - Provide what many consider the fourth asset class (Gold), working in conjunction with traditional stocks, bonds and cash.
- - Help your portfolio achieve what many analysts recommend— a 4-12% allocation in Gold and Silver.
- A self-directed IRA provides:
- - All the benefits of other IRAs.
- - Alternative investments in assets such as Precious Metals that other IRAs do not allow.
- - The owner control of their IRA.
- PRECIOUS METAL TYPES
- - BULLION: Value of the Coin, Bar or Round is based solely on the metal content.
- - SEMI-NUMISMATIC: Coins that have value based on both their metal content and their potential collectible value.
- - NUMISMATIC: Coins with prices that depend more on factors such as rarity, condition, dates and mint marks than on their Precious Metal content.
- PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Product Highlights for Precious Metals IRAs:
- - Primarily funded with bullion.
- - Minimum fineness requirements as set by the IRS:
- Gold: .995 Fine (American Gold Eagle is the only exception
- Silver: .999 Fine
- Platinum: .9995 Fine
- Palladium: .9995 Fine
- - The only semi-numismatic coins allowed are Proof American Eagles in Gold, Silver, or Platinum.
- - Numismatic coins are not IRA acceptable.
- STEP 1 SELECT & OPEN A CUSTODIAN ACCOUNT
- - APMEX is able to work with any and all IRA Custodians who offer a Precious Metals IRA.
- STEP 2 FUND THE ACCOUNT
- - Transfer an existing IRA or former employer 401(k).
- - Roll over an existing IRA or 401(k).
- - Contribution(s).
- STEP 3 PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCTS
- - Once your account is funded, call APMEX and purchase products for your IRA. You choose the metals you want. We then lock in a price and give you all the information you need to complete the transaction.
- STEP 4 COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION
- - The custodian will provide payment to APMEX from your account, and APMEX will ship your metals to a depository.
- KEEP IN MIND
- - If you do not have a custodian, we can recommend several custodians that have served our customers well.
- - With the help of your self-directed custodian or administrator, you may transfer all or part of an existing IRA.
- - An investor may have more than one IRA account, but the maximum annual contribution remains the same.
- - You cannot contribute bullion coins you already own to your Precious Metals IRA.
- APMEX ADVANTAGE
- Buying through APMEX allows for:
- - Competitive pricing, which increases the value of your investment.
- - A dedicated IRA Specialist to help you understand your options and walk you through the process.
- - Transparency of buying and selling so you see our Buy Price (the price we would pay you if you were selling) and the Sell Price (the price you pay us).
- - No additional fee for purchasing IRA products through APMEX – the price you pay is the price on our website.
- - A large selection IRA approved products —you can choose the products that make sense for your portfolio.