This series 1914 $5 Federal Reserve Note is from the tough Boston District. Affordable note for a type set!
- The first of the Federal Reserve Notes issued for general circulation.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Heavily circulated $5 note from series 1914 in Very Good condition.
- Face: Bears the portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: Vignettes of Columbus and the Pilgrims.
Add this great collectible note to your cart today!
Series 1914 Federal Reserve Notes were the first of this type issued after the Federal Reserve Act passed in 1913. This established the banking system and uniform currency that exists to this day. Denominations from Five through Ten Thousand Dollars, and districts A through L, (Boston through San Francisco) were established.