Britannia has enjoyed a relationship with the coins of the United Kingdom for almost 2,000 years. This feminine personification of Britannia conveys her peace-keeping nature.
- Sold out at the mint!
- Contains .025 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 2,525 coins.
- Obverse: Features the 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts the iconic Britannia holding a shield and trident as she gazes over the sea, a watchful lion by her side.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Britannia represents British liberty and democracy, especially potent in times of national insecurity. The shield, a symbol of protection and security features the Union Jack and the lion symbolizes national courage. Visually the lion is very strong, beautiful and watchful and also a symbol of protection. It links in with Greek and Roman coinage while the inclusion of wind and sea reflect the more modern, forward thinking themes of renewable and green energy.