This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of Nancy Reagan. Each coin contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold, making their intrinsic value just as exquisite as the design and production. This is the Proof version of the coin.
Mintage for the Nancy Reagan First Spouse Gold Coin is limited to 15,000 units across both proof and uncirculated product options.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint including the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady, Nancy Reagan.
- Reverse: A depiction of Mrs. Reagan with her arms around two children during her anti–drug campaign to “just say no.”
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Nancy Reagan Gold Coin to your cart today!
This marks the 10th and final year of the First Spouse Gold Coin Series, the U.S. Mint’s first coin program to feature our Nation’s first spouses. This coin is the final coin in the First Spouse series.
Born in New York City July 6, 1921, Nancy Reagan, née Davis, studied theater at Smith College in Massachusetts. A successful screen test in 1949 led to a seven-year contract at a major Hollywood studio. She appeared in 11 films. Nancy met Ronald Reagan in 1951, and they were married the following year. During the years he was governor of California, she embraced several causes, including the welfare of veterans, physically and emotionally handicapped children, and the elderly. As First Lady, she continued to promote these causes, in addition to adopting the Foster Grandparent Program and the fight against drug and alcohol abuse among youth. As a former First Lady, Mrs. Reagan continued to support her “just say no” campaign. Always a staunch supporter of her husband, she also devoted her time to preserving his legacy.