These notes are highly sought after for their blue seals and serial numbers along with a green back. This would make a nice centerpiece to any small size currency set!
- $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1934.
- This is a mule note.
- Notes will be housed in inert mylar sleeve by PMG.
- CU-65 grade with Exceptional Paper Quality note.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Face: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Although they are still legal tender, their blue seals and serial numbers make them great collector items. These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Julian/Morgenthau signatures—Friedberg #1651m.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1934-A $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, and saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s, so notes this well preserved are getting difficult to find.