These half dollars were authorized to help finance the sesquicentennial celebration of the founding of Columbia in 1786.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- Population of 8 coins at this grade level with 9 graded higher.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Bears the figure of Justice with a sword and scales.
- Reverse: Depicts the state emblem, a palmetto tree surrounded by stars.
Protect and display your Columbia South Carolina Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this historical commemorative Silver coin to your cart today!
* NGC population report as of 6-22-16.
Columbia, South Carolina was established as the capital in 1786, although meetings were not held in the new capitol building there until 1790. Charleston was the capital until that time. This coin was made to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the 1786 change of the capital city. A set was originally sold consisting of three coins. One coin each from Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco Mints.