1866 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle w/Motto MS-61 PCGS
The first year of the Type 2 design with the Motto IN GOD WE TRUST on the Reverse! This coin is fully lustrous with a very nice color. This issue is extremely rare in Mint State!
- Population of only *31 at this grade.
- A mintage of 698,745 coins.
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- Certified by PCGS as MS-61 ensuring the authenticity of the coin.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast with thirteen stars above. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Designed by James B. Longacre and minted from 1850-1907.
* Population as reported by PCGS as of June 23, 2016.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!