1861 CSA Half Dollar Restrike MS-65 NGC (B-8001)
"Confederate States of America" restrike half-dollar. Only 500 restrikes were minted using the original dies after the coins were discovered in 1879.
- Contains .3866 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation ensures the MS-65 condition and quality of the coin.
- Designed for the Confederate States of America.
- Obverse: Depicts Liberty seated holding a pole with a Liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Features a Shield with 7 Stars surround by the words "Confederate States of America" and the denomination.
Protect and display your coin by adding a display box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any collection. Add this 1861 Liberty Seated Half Dollar to your cart today!
While 4 Originals were produced, they are all out of reach to even the most astute collectors. Each is worth in excess of 7-figures but even money can't buy them out of the finest collections. It wasn't known until 1879 that they were even struck, under Confederate secrecy, and then just 500 restrikes were produced using original dies. A phenomenal window into the small world of rare Confederate coinage.