The sport of basketball, one of the most popular world-wide, was invented by James Naismith (a Canadian physical educator) in 1891. This coin celebrates the 125th anniversary of this achievement with a convex-shaped coin, an RCM first.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell box with a custom box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Utilizes the coin’s deeply convex curvature to recreate the rounded shape of a basketball. In addition to the engineering complexity of the coin’s unusual shape, precision engraving replicates the tactile elements that are famously associated with the ball, specifically the recessed lines and dimpled surface, while the application of color captures its iconic orange appearance.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this proof 1 oz Silver $25 Domed Shaped Basketball coin to your cart today!
The sport of basketball continues to gain in popularity across the globe as the premier professional league has more and more players that hail from other countries. As a result, the game is much more internationally recognized and therefore a perfect theme for this beautiful domed-shaped coin.