The new DC Comics Originals series has a classic, slightly retro style, recalling the look most comic book fans grew up with and remember fondly.
Basing itself on the DC Comics style of the 1980s, this series celebrates one of the most established looks for the DC Comics pantheon of Superheroes—including the Man of Steel.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued premium presentation case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Design mimics a comic book splash page with its engraved rendition of Superman. Standing with legs apart and fists clenched, Superman radiates strength and resolve as he lifts his eyes to the skies. The application of blue, red and yellow colour over the detailed engraving recreates his iconic costume and S-Shield as his red cape swirls around him with each movement. On the left, the Silver-Age Fortress of Solitude rises up behind Superman, while the classic Superman telescopic logo is seen on the right side.
- By combining vivid and meaningful packaging with an inspired coin design, this series is an excellent introduction for comic book fans to the world of coin collecting.
Established with firm Canadian roots, Superman was the first Super Hero, spawning countless new characters in the DC Comics pantheon. He was the inspiration for a new archetype that not only still exists today, but is more popular than ever. Many important Canadian visionaries continue to shape the DC Comics Universe even today, lending their talents as storytellers and further building on the history that began in 1938.
This coin is the first in a second-wave series of three coins, which will each pay tribute to DC Comics' greatest Super Heroes presented in their classic form. Add this Silver $20 Man of Steel coin to your cart today!