As digital artists seek to recreate the physical world through dimensional images, modeling techniques based on geometric shapes have given way to a new visual style, low poly art.
This eye-catching five-coin series utilizes this art style to present a contemporary and highly artistic interpretation of Canada’s most famous icons, the polar bear, the beaver, the caribou, the loon and the maple leaf.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell beauty box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features an artistic representation of a Canadian forest in autumn, which provides a natural setting for Canada’s most famous emblem: the maple leaf.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Geometry, technology and art intersect as the entirety of the image is presented in a low poly art style, with multiple polygon shapes coming together to form the mix of coniferous and deciduous trees on both sides of the river. A rich color gradient in the background recreates the fading sunset as it casts a golden glow on the fall foliage, while the use of rich color variants throughout the landscape alters our perception of shadow and light.
Add this 1 oz Silver Geometry in Art Maple Leaf coin to your cart today!
The eye is naturally drawn to the two engraved maple leaves in the foreground, where extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques showcase the individual polygons within each form. The geometric lines and corners lend themselves beautifully to recreating the maple leaf’s stem and serrated edges, as a gentle breeze brings both leaves tumbling onto the water’s surface to float above the rocky riverbed.