Canada has seen a world of change since Confederation in 1867, and from its prominent place on Canada’s coins, the proud maple leaf has borne silent witness to it all! A limited mintage of only 250 pieces adds to the collectibility of this issue.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold in a Proof finish.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 250 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II with a stylized design.
- Reverse: The reverse pays tribute to the original design that graced Canada’s early circulation coins. Bound together by a bow at the bottom of the reverse, two crossed maple boughs gently curve upwards along the coin’s perimeter. Cutting-edge sculpting and finishing techniques recreate each of the 21 maple leaves in breathtaking detail, as they lead the eye towards a current creation of the Royal Crown (St. Edward’s Crown) at the very top.
In preparation for Canada’s Sesquicentennial, the Royal Canadian Mint pays homage to a well-loved symbol of national pride, identity and spirit, by revisiting the maple leaf’s depiction on a young nation’s first circulation coins. Add this Gold $200 150 Years of Passion: Maple Leaf coin to your cart today!