1662 Oak Tree Twopence Small 2 MS-63 NGC (CAC)
The Oak Tree twopence is both the simplest and the most complicated coin in the series.
- NGC Population of 3 coins at this grade level with 1 graded higher.
- Oak Tree twopence were struck from hand-made dies making the characteristics of each coin distinctive from coins struck from other dies.
- Graded as MS-63 by NGC authenticates and protects the condition of the coin. Well struck and well-centered, it is an amazing example of colonial craftsmanship.
- The Oak Tree coins were struck using English denominations as their model.
- Large Planchets (27-31 mm) and then in smaller planchets (22-26 mm) later to more conform to the circulating English coins.
- A beautiful representative piece of an early historic U.S. coin. This coin was struck for circulation 80 years before George Washington was even born!
Protect and display your Oak Tree Shilling in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Own a piece of history by adding this exceptional coin to your cart today!