Introduced in 1839, the half dollar was the last denomination to bear the Liberty Seated design sculpted by mint engraver Christian Gobrecht.
- Contains 0.3866 troy oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the MS-65 condition of the coin.
- Certified by CAC for added quality assurance.
- Mintage of only 938,000 coins.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Depicts Liberty seated holding a pole with a liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Features an eagle perched on a branch holding 3 arrows, with a shield on its chest.
- Philadelphia coins feature no mint mark.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any collection. Add this 1856 Liberty Seated Half Dollar to your cart today!