Introduced in 1839, the half dollar was the last denomination to bear the Liberty Seated design sculpted by mint engraver Christian Gobrecht.
- Contains 0.3617 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the MS-65+ condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 8,304,000 coins.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Depicts Liberty seated holding a pole with a liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Features an eagle perched on a branch holding 3 arrows, with a shield on its chest.
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any collection. Add this 1877-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar to your cart today!