This one-year-type Gold coin commemorates the 500th anniversary of the first Gold sovereign, authorized by King Henry VII in 1489.
- Contains .1177 oz actual Gold weight.
- Limited mintage of just 25,000 coins.
- Coin comes in a protective hard plastic capsule.
- Obverse: shows Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II seated as at her coronation, surrounded by the inscription “Elizabeth II Dei Gra Reg Fid Def” which translates to “Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen, defender of the faith.”
- Reverse: Depicts the Shield of the Royal Arms topped by a Royal Crown, with the whole image superimposed upon a double rose. Around the outside of the reverse is the inscription “Anniversary of the Gold Sovereign, 1489-1989.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Add this rare and beautiful piece of British coinage history to your cart today!