Only $29.99 per set!
This fantasy immersive, in-world coinage from The Lord Of The Rings includes 5 base metal coins comprised of copper, iron and brass.
- Contains 5 coins from The Lord Of The Rings including a total of .95 oz in base metals (copper, iron and brass).
- Coins are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques.
- Coin will be affixed with a peelable gum rubber to a certificate of authenticity.
- Contains the following 5 coins: The Axe of Durin, Fall Leaf of Hollin, Eye of Sauron, Brumby of Rohan, and Penny of Dale.
- Obverse and reverse vary across the 5 coin series, full descriptions are below.
- Guaranteed by the Shire Post Mint.
This is an ideal gift for any fan of The Lord Of The Rings, add this 5 coin Middle Earth- Set to your cart today!
This Silver round is fantasy immersive to the world of The Lord Of Rings, and made to match the minting technology of the time. This set includes the following 5 coins:
- The Axe of Durin, (9g, copper) Eldest and Father of Dwarves, Durin ruled the realm of Khazadh-dum (Moria) in the first age of Middle-earth, in the days before the dawn of mankind. Inscribed in Angerthas runes.
- The Fall Leaf of Hollin, (5g, copper) Hollin was the Elvish realm bordering Moria on the West, back in the second age of Middle-earth when the Dwarves and the Elves were still on friendly terms. Struck in the shape of a holly leaf to facilitate trade between the two peoples, one side is inscribed in Elvish and the other in Dwarfish.
- The Eye of Sauron, (7g, pure iron) Struck in pure iron to serve the needs of the minions of the Dark Lord, this crude piece depicts the EYE on one side with the inscription in Angerthas “OBEY MORDER” and with the image of Orodruin and the Sammath Naur on reverse.
- The Brumby of Rohan, (3g, brass) The Brumby is a small brass coin featuring a running horse on one side and text on the other. Issued early in 3019 (the year of the War of the Ring). A “brumby” is a foal born in the bush and gone feral.
- The Penny of Dale, (3g, copper) Dated 2769, this coin was struck in Old Dale just one year before Smaug came down from the north and ate up the entire town. This coin was recovered from the Hoard of Smaug nearly two hundred years later. Caution when handling is recommended, as the Dragon-Sickness may lie heavily upon this piece.
©2016 “The Hobbit”, “Middle-earth”, “Shire”, “The Lord of the Rings”, and the characters, events, items and places therein are trademarks of the Saul Zaentz Company dba Middle-earth Enterprises (”SZC”) and are used, under license, by Maringer Studios LLC dba Shire Post Mint. All Rights Reserved.