2008 was the only year that fractional Gold buffalos were minted. This coin has the hard to find blue Early Release label, which guarantees that coins from this listing were produced within the first month of mintage.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the near perfect Proof-69 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 13,125 coins.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add this beautiful 1/4 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!