The High Relief Australian Kangaroo coin represents the very best in minting excellence and design. The Perth Mint is pleased to present the stunning 2016 Kangaroo 1 oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin, featuring one of Australia’s most loved marsupials.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 18,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts an adult kangaroo resting on its haunches with the silhouette of another kangaroo in the background. The design includes the inscription “AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO”, The Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark, and the 2016 year-date.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this 1 oz Silver High Relief Kangaroo to your cart today!
The kangaroo is the largest marsupial surviving on earth today. The animal’s distinctive style of movement, hopping on its hind legs whilst using its large, muscular tail for balance, means it is one of the only animals which are unable to move backwards easily. An unofficial symbol of Australia, the kangaroo features in the Australian national emblem alongside the emu.