2017 Australia 1 oz Silver Kookaburra BU
As low as $4.19 per coin over spot!
A laughing kookaburra, the largest member of the kingfisher species, is synonymous with the Australian outback. These coins have a mintage of 500,000 and are made of .999 fine Silver. This series has been highly popular since its inception in 1990.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls. Multiples of 100 are packaged in a sealed box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts two Kookaburras perched on a wooden fence. Exquisite quality is shown in this design, as the individual detail in the feathers as well as the old wooden fence bring this image to life.
- Sovereign Silver coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2017 Silver Kookaburra not only features a gorgeous design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2017 1 oz Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
Check out our Investor Collections to diversify your portfolio with Precious Metals. Review the Premium Appreciation Trend of 1 oz Silver Kookaburras. Shop 1 oz Silver Kookaburras and learn how to build your investment strategy.
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
Not only are designs changed on the bullion coins each year, the Proof designs vary each year as well! Historically, the mintage of each 1 oz bullion Silver Kookaburra coin has been a maximum of 300,000 coins. However, in 2011 the maximum mintage was moved to 500,000 coins to accommodate the very high demand for this series. Compared to other Silver bullion coin series, this mintage is still very small and has helped ensure the collectibility of each coin.