This ninth release in the Australian Lunar Series I features the Year of the Monkey. The beloved design features a monkey climbing a branch, and the low mintage of just 4,228 coins adds collectibility to the .9999 fine Gold appeal.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II along with face value.
- Reverse: Features a curious little monkey climbing across a tree branch. The Chinese character for “monkey” appears above the monkey with “1/2 OZ 9999 GOLD” below the image.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Perth Mint.
It is believed that those born under the influence of the monkey (1908, 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992 and 2004) possess such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Add this 1/2 oz Gold Year of the Monkey coin to your cart today!