Used for sensor scanning as well as data recording and analysis, the tricorder is one of the most famous pieces of Trek tech and was frequently used by members of a landing party, including Communications Officer Uhura. Both the character and the device are showcased together on this fine Silver coin, as the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. This coin is the third of four 1/2 oz coins in the series.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and enclosed in a stunning custom box. Durable yet lightweight, the colorful packaging boasts a contemporary design and features an illustrated portrait of "Uhura" alongside the Star Trek 50th anniversary logo.
- Limited mintage of only 12,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Side-by-side depiction of a beloved Star Trek character, and the innovative Trek technology that is often associated with her. On the left side is a portrait of Communications Officer Nyota Uhura in a red uniform as she holds the scientific device designed for data sensing and analysis: the tricorder.
- Larger engraved rendering of a tricorder is to the right and offers a closer glimpse of the screen on its rotating hood, its control buttons and compartments, and the shoulder strap that allows it to be carried during away missions. Both Uhura and the tricorder casually overlap the outline of Starfleet’s Delta Shield Insignia engraved in the background.
Add this $10 Star Trek Silver coin to your cart today!