Since 1916, the Migratory Birds Convention represents a partnership between Canada and the United States to protect migratory birds. This stunning four-coin series celebrates the centennial anniversary by showcasing species protected under its provisions.
Third coin of the series.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a custom outer box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a highly detailed engraved portrait of a male American goldfinch taking flight. In the engraved background, an ancestral farmhouse rises up from behind a hillock on the right, while a roughly textured split-rail fence stands between the old stone building and the aspen tree on the left. Beneath the partially cloudy sky, the handsome American goldfinch lifts off from its perch on the fence post.
- Selective color over detailed engraving recreates the American goldfinch's elegant appearance and beautiful plumage.
The Royal Canadian Mint is known for producing beautiful Silver coins depicting the country's wildlife and this release is no different. Add this 1 oz Silver American Goldfinch coin to your cart today!