This one-year-type Gold coin commemorates the 500th anniversary of the first Gold sovereign, authorized by King Henry VII in 1489.
- Contains .2354 oz actual Gold weight.
- This example has been graded Proof 69 Ultra Cameo by NGC and encapsulated in a sealed holder to protect your investment.
- Limited mintage of just 12,500 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II seated as at her coronation, surrounded by the inscription “Elizabeth II Dei Gra Reg Fid Def” which translates to “Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen, defender of the faith.”
- Reverse: Depicts the Shield of the Royal Arms topped by a Royal Crown, with the whole image superimposed upon a double rose. Around the outside of the reverse is the inscription “Anniversary of the Gold Sovereign, 1489-1989.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect and display your 500thAnniversary Gold Sovereign in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this beautiful piece of British coinage history to your cart today!