As low as $4.99 per oz over spot!
With a mintage of 500,000 coins, this classic collectible bullion coin features a kookaburra perched on a fence post amidst an Australian landscape. APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure its authenticity.
Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card (2 1/2" x 3 1/4") to protect your coin’s finish. Multiples of 10 and 20 will come housed in a clear plastic clamshell box sealed with a plastic band.
- This process requires the coins to be removed from their original mint capsules.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the year-date.
- Reverse: The 2017 design depicts two Kookaburras perched on a wooden fence. Exquisite quality is shown in this design, as the individual detail in the feathers as well as the old wooden fence bring this image to life.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Secure your Silver Kookaburra by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The 2017 Silver Kookaburra not only features a classic design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2017 1 oz Silver MintDirect® Premier Kookaburra to your cart today!
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2017 1 oz Silver Kookaburra MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.