Salzburg is steeped in history as the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as well as the setting for the musical "The Sound of Music." Mozart, known around the world as arguably the greatest composer of all time, is featured on this coin.
- Contains .5144 oz actual Silver weight in Proof quality.
- Displayed in red packaging and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- The obverse was designed by Melisa Begic, a local schoolgirl, in a school competition supported by the Ministry of Education.
- Obverse: Features a depiction of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in front of the Hohensalzburg Castle.
- Reverse: Displays a classic architectural scene of the city of Salzburg, Austria.
- Part of the UNESCO World heritage series.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
This artistic Proof Silver coin would make a great addition to any collection or investment portfolio. Add this 2014 Silver Salzburg €10 Mozart Proof coin to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.