This set celebrated the popular BBC TV show of Sherlock Holmes. Only 5,000 of these .999 fine Silver coins are being released, adding even further collectible appeal on top of their stunning design.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver for a total of 2 oz.
- Coins come packaged inside a booklet accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the year 2016.
- Reverse: One coin features Doctor John Watson, while the other features Sherlock Holmes, both featuring a quintessential phrase.
- Guaranteed by the New Zealand Mint.
Add this Proof 2016 Niue 1 oz Silver 2-Coin Set to your cart today!
The obverse of each features the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. On the reverse of one coin is the colorized image of Benedict Cumberbatch’s portrayal of Sherlock Holmes. Next to the image is the quote, “Alone is what I have. Alone protects me.” Additionally, the iconic London Eye is depicted. The second coin features the colorized image of Martin Freeman’s Doctor John Watson. Beside his image is the quote, “No, friends protect people.” On this coin a portion of the London skyline is also depicted.
The award-winning TV series Sherlock is the BBC’s modern interpretation of the classic Sherlock Holmes stories. The series first aired in 2010 to massive success. Since then, Sherlock has amassed a huge cult following and is beloved by fans all over the world for its modern-day take on the classic detective and the cerebral crimes that leave the audience guessing. The series features unique twists on some of the most beloved stories from Arthur Conan Doyle, including A Study in Pink, adapted from A Study in Scarlet and The Reichenbach Fall, which was based on The Final Problem, and many others. The show has certainly set itself apart from the more traditional adaptations of Sherlock Holmes tales and continues to delight fans to this day.