To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Krugerrand, the South African Mint will again be minting the 1967, first issue date, using the original tooling. This coin will include a privy mark authenticating its legal tender status. Sold out at the Mint!
The Krugerrand's distinctive design is a benchmark for excellence, and a coveted collector's item around the world.
- Contains 1 oz of Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 1,967 coins.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting and Gold weight.
- Minted by the South African Mint.
Add this Vintage 1967 1 oz Gold Krugerrand to your cart today!
On July 3, 1967 the world's first circulated Gold coin without a face value that would trade at the Gold price of the day was minted.