1858 was the 1st year proof Gold was made available to collectors from the U.S. Mint. This coin has a low mintage of only 20 coins and an even lower population of only 1* coin at this level.
- Contains .048375 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the PR-64 Cameo condition.
- Obverse: The Type 3 designation or "Indian Princess Head, Large Head" features Liberty, facing left. She has shed her crown and is shown with the Native American headdress with the wording “United States of America”.
- Reverse: Depicts a wreath to pay tribute to the agricultural contributions of each state with the denomination and year of issue.
Protect and display your Type 3 $1 Indian Head Gold in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, reducing their number and adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this Gold $1 Liberty Head coin to your cart today!
* Population report per PCGS as of 8/19/16.