Only 500 coins were minted using the original Confederate dies. A very rare coin for any collector.
- Struck in Silver with a composition of 93% Silver, 6% Copper, and 1% other elements.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: The obverse depicts a Liberty seated and holding a shield inscribed with "liberty in one hand and a pole with a cap in the other hand.
- Reverse: The reverse depicts a Shield with 7 starts for each Confederate State. Above the shield is a liberty cap sitting on a pole. This image is surrounded by a wreath. "Confederate States of America" is inscribed along the top with "Half Dol" along the bottom.
- This coin represents the only coin struck under the Confederacy.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1861 Half Dollar to your cart today!