This 2008-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo has a low mintage of only 9,074 coins, the lowest mintage of any Buffalo, and is the only year that the popular Gold Buffalo series was issued in a special burnished finish. A mere 432 have been graded a perfect 70 by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Available in burnished finish for one year only, the 2008-W 1 oz Buffalo has the lowest mintage of any Gold Buffalo coin, with only 9,074 produced.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the flawless condition of this coin.
- Only 432 of these have been graded a perfect 70 by PCGS, giving this coin the lowest population of any Gold Buffalo, regardless of size or finish.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add this beautiful 2008-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
Note: due to changes in policy at PCGS regarding burnished finishes over time, these coins may be labeled as either MS or SP. These designations are identical in both meaning and value.