Coming soon from The Perth Mint!
This 1 oz Gold coin celebrates 2017 as the Year of the Rooster and continues the Perth Mint's widely popular lunar series. Each .9999 fine Gold coin is part of the 30,000 coin mintage, which provides added collectible appeal on top of unique designs.
Only coins delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance are eligible as MintDirect® Premier. APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint capsules. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card (2 1/2" x 3 1/4") to protect your coin’s finish.
- Multiples of 10 and 20 will come housed in a clear plastic clamshell box sealed with a plastic band.
- Each coin comes in APMEX MintDirect® Single Packaging.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, purity of .9999 fine Gold and the monetary denomination are shown.
- Reverse: Depicts a rooster standing in a stylized Chinese scene featuring bamboo and leaves in the field of the coin. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Lunar coins are among the most popular in the world. Add this spectacular 2017 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Rooster coin to your cart today!
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2017 1 oz Gold Lunar Year of the Rooster MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.