The Silver Panda is a treasured collectible for its yearly changing design. In 2016, this series changes to match the metric system. The 1 oz Silver Panda will be replaced with this brand new 30 gram Silver Panda, still containing .999 fine Silver.
- Contains 30 grams (.9645 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins are no longer in sealed sheets of 30. They now come in plastic holders containing 15 coins. Each coin will still be in a capsule.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by the phrase "People's Republic of China" in Chinese completed with the year of issue, 2017.
- Reverse: Features a single panda resting on with a branch of bamboo.
- Sovereign coin, with a face value of 10 yuan, backed by the Chinese government.
Secure your Silver Panda by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The 2017 Silver Panda is will be the second year with the new weight system for this popular series. Add the 2017 30 gram Silver Chinese Panda coin to your cart today!
The Silver Pandas were first minted in 1983. The first 3 years of mintage were in proof quality condition, and had a limited mintage of 10,000 pieces for each year. No Silver Pandas were struck in 1986, but they have been minted every year since then. Each year, the design of the panda changes making them highly collectible. The only year they didn’t change design was 2002, which used the same design as 2001.
The People’s Republic of China issues and guarantees the quality of each Silver Panda coin. Silver Panda coins are minted from several mints each year. Those mints include but are not limited to Shenzhen, Shanghai and Shenyang. Unlike the U.S. Mint, these Chinese Mints do not incorporate mintmarks to distinguish the difference between each mint. Instead, these mints are known for having minor differences in the design of the coin such as font size, bamboo length and designs of the temple in certain year’s mintages. With the annual change in design, and unique mint variations, the price of Silver Pandas has appreciated over time making them highly sought after by collectors and investors alike.