The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a PR-69, First Strike, Deep Cameo by PCGS, honors Nancy Reagan, loved by all of America.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the near perfect PR-69 Deep Cameo condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: The bust of former First Lady Nancy Reagan.
- Reverse: A depiction of Mrs. Reagan with her arms around two children during her anti–drug campaign to “just say no”.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your Proof Gold Nancy Reagan coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add the 2016-W Proof Gold Nancy Reagan First Spouse Coin to your cart today!
This marks the 10th and final year of the First Spouse Gold Coin Series, the U.S. Mint’s first coin program to feature our Nation’s first spouses. This coin is the final coin in the First Spouse series.
Born in New York City July 6, 1921, Nancy Reagan, née Davis, studied theater at Smith College in Massachusetts. A successful screen test in 1949 led to a seven-year contract at a major Hollywood studio. She appeared in 11 films.
Nancy met Ronald Reagan in 1951, and they were married the following year. During the years he was governor of California, she embraced several causes, including the welfare of veterans, physically and emotionally handicapped children, and the elderly. As First Lady, she continued to promote these causes, in addition to adopting the Foster Grandparent Program and the fight against drug and alcohol abuse among youth. As a former First Lady, Mrs. Reagan continued to support her “just say no” campaign. Always a staunch supporter of her husband, she also devoted her time to preserving his legacy.