It has been estimated that only 30-35 examples of this coin exist today. This coin has a low population of only 7 coins at PCGS.
- Population of 7 coins at this grade level with 8 graded higher.
- Only 30-35 examples are estimated to exist today.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-62 condition.
- Obverse: A depiction of George Washington facing to his right side.
- Reverse: Displays the 1/4 dollar denomination along with a olive branch wrapping around a significant portion of the reverse.
Protect and display your Washington Fractional coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this graded 1872 25¢ Washington Fractional coin to your cart today!
* Population report per PCGS as of 8/30/16.
Throughout the early years of the California Gold rush there was a constant need for coinage to satisfy the commercial needs of a booming community being based on Gold dust. While many firms issued coins from $2 1/2 to $50 denominations, there was still a need for coins of smaller denominations.