1872 25c Washington Head Fractional Gold MS-62 PCGS (BG-723)
It has been estimated that only 30-35 examples of this coin exist today. This coin has a low population of only 6 coins at PCGS.
- Population of only 6* coins in this grade.
- Only 30-35 examples are estimated to exist today.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-62 condition.
- Obverse: A depiction of George Washington facing to his right side.
- Reverse: Displays the 1/4 dollar denomination along with a olive branch wrapping around a significant portion of the reverse.
Protect and display your Washington Fractional coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this graded 1872 25 Cent Washington Fractional coin to your cart today!
* Population report per PCGS as of 8/30/16.
Throughout the early years of the California Gold rush there was a constant need for coinage to satisfy the commercial needs of a booming community being based on Gold dust. While many firms issued coins from $2 1/2 to $50 denominations, there was still a need for coins of smaller denominations.