This $10 Indian Gold Eagle coin is considered by many to be one of America's most beautiful coins ever made. This is the key date lowest mintage coin in the series.
- Contains .4838 oz of Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation authenticates and protects the AU-55 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 30,100 pieces.
- Obverse: Lady Liberty crowned with a war bonnet encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band and the date below.
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America", "E Pluribus Unum" and the denomination.
- Edge: Raised stars.
Display your graded $10 Indian Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
PCGS, one of the top two coin grading services, has guaranteed the Almost Uncirculated-55 condition of this coin, adding collectibility to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this $10 Indian Gold Eagle to your cart today!
This coin was originally designed as a high relief and looked more like a medal, but was lowered for a number of reasons namely because they did not stack well and because they had to be struck multiple times which wore out the dies quicker than normal. Augustus Saint-Gaudens also designed the more famous $20 Saint Double Eagle which was also struck in High Relief first and without a motto. 1907 $10 Indians, 1907 Saints, and most 1908 Saints do not bear the motto "In God We Trust" as it was not required by law to use this motto on coinage. President Roosevelt even defended Saint Gaudens' omission by stating that it was a profane use of God's name.
As you continue to browse APMEX you will find our multi-million dollar rare coin and bullion inventory contains Pre-1933 U.S. Gold, rare coins, numismatic rarities and Silver dollars for both the novice and the expert. APMEX specialize in PCGS and NGC graded coins and is one of the leading Precious Metals dealers in the country.