This unique 1856 Flying Eagle Cent has a total mintage of only 2,000 to 3,000 coins but it is unknown how many were actually struck as proofs. In addition to this unknown mintage, this coin also contains a mint error adding to its collector appeal.
- Unique mint error featuring an reverse struck through error, probably a piece of metal.
- 1856 is the first year of issue for this series.
- Encapsulated as an Proof-40 by NGC offers protection to the coin.
- Designed by James B. Longacre.
- Obverse: Depicts a Flying Eagle with the Legend stretching from 9 o’clock to 3 o’clock.
- Reverse: Features the words "ONE CENT" inside a wreath around the perimeter of the coin.
Protect your investment in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Add this certified 1856 Flying Eagle Cent to your cart today!