The Morgan Silver Dollar is the most popular Silver dollar in the world, featuring George T. Morgan's classic Liberty design.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 5,305,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band, bordered by "E Pluribus Unum," the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows, surrounded by "United States of America," "One Dollar," and "In God We Trust."
- Features the New Orleans Mint's "O" mintmark above the denomination.
Protect your Morgan Dollar in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
This piece of American history will instantly add value to any collection. Add this certified 1888-O Morgan Dollar to your cart today!
The 1888-O VAM 1B "Scarface" is one of the most recognizable and valuable of all Morgan Dollar varieties. Without question this variety was made a Top 100 variety. The "Scarface" variety is made from a very late die state that caused a die crack that starts at the mark separating the E and Pluribus and runs all the way through Liberty's face from her nose to the lower hair curls. The value and rarity of the "Scarface" variety is chosen based on the size of the die crack.