This 1884 proof half dollar is one of the finest known. Graded PR-66 by PCGS with only three known finer, this would make an excellent type example for the discerning collector.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- This coin is graded PR-66 by PCGS, with only two coins known finer.
- Mintage of only 875 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty seated on a rock facing left while her right hand rests firmly above the shield of the United States. In her left hand is a pole with a Phrygian cap. Date below.
- Reverse: Heraldic eagle with denomination below and motto in banner above.
Protect and display your Seated Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this exceptional example to your cart today!
With a mintage of 875 coins, the 1884 proof half dollar is one of the easier issues of the series. However, no proof Seated Half at this lofty grade is common by any stretch of the imagination. For the collector looking for a superlative example of this classic U.S. type, this coin is an excellent option.