Second year of issue with the Type II Reverse (parallel top arrow feathers with a concave eagle breast). This very popular variety is included in most Morgan Dollar sets.
- Contains .7734 oz of pure Silver.
- Comes in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Mintage of 9,110,000 coins for all types.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band. Around the border is the phrase "E Pluribus Unum," the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America", "One Dollar" and "In God We Trust."
- This issue features the mintmark "S" for the San Francisco Mint just above the denomination.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add one of these 1879-S Reverse of 78 Morgan Dollars to your cart today!