The Perth Mint is proud to present the latest 2016 Australian Kangaroo designs on these gorgeous Silver proof coins. The set includes a 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz and a 1/10 oz coin. The Perth Mint will release no more than 3,000 of the 2016 Australian Kangaroo Silver Proof Four-Coin Set in this packaging from a maximum mintage of 3,000 1 oz coins, 3,000 1/2 oz coins, 13,000 1/4 oz coins and 3,000 1/10 oz coins.
- Contains 1.85 oz of .9999 fine Proof Silver.
- Housed in a classic Perth Mint presentation case with a themed, customized shipper and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination are depicted.
- Reverse: The reverse of each coin depicts a bounding kangaroo surrounded by stylized rays of sunlight and bordered by the inscription "AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO". The design also includes The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark, the 2016 year-date, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this 4-coin Silver Kangaroo Proof Set to your cart today!
The kangaroo is the largest marsupial surviving on earth today. The animal’s distinctive style of movement, hopping on its hind legs whilst using its large, muscular tail for balance, means it is one of the only animals which is unable to move backwards easily. An unofficial symbol of Australia, the kangaroo coins feature the Australian national emblem alongside the emu.