The Kisatchie National Forest 5 oz Silver .999 fine Silver coin is the second release of the popular America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program series by the U.S. Mint in 2015, and graded SP-70 by PCGS with First Strike and Mercanti attributes. The Kisatchie National Forest, designated in 1930 during the administration of U.S. President Herbert Hoover, is the only national forest in Louisiana.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Graded a perfect SP-70 by PCGS with a label signed by John Mercanti.
- The First Strike label guarantees that it was received within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Features a soaring wild turkey with Louisiana’s long leaf pine trees in the background, along with the inscriptions: “Kisatchie,” “Louisiana” and “2015”.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
Kisatchie National Forest protects representative examples of the northern Louisiana landscape, particularly those within the South Central Plains Ecoregion. The forest protects habitat for a wide array of plant species including wild orchids and carnivorous plants. Biologists have found 155 species of breeding or overwintering birds, 48 mammal species, 56 reptile species and 30 amphibian species.
The forest also offers recreational activities including bird watching, canoeing, all-terrain vehicles, boating, camping, cycling, fishing and swimming. The forest has more than 40 developed recreation sites and over 100 miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.