Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine Silver “toonie,” part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins. Each beautiful coin is composed of five oz of fine Silver and features selective color on the reverse.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- This 5-ounce fine Silver 2-dollar coin features Canadian artist Brent Townsend’s version of the coin’s iconic polar bear design, first issued with the introduction of the 2-dollar circulation coin in 1996. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “toonies”, with a number of notable exceptions.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features Brent Townsend’s image of an adult polar bear standing on an ice floe, gazing out over the early summer Arctic landscape. The central scene is fully colored in natural shades, including the blue water and mountains, white ice floe, and the polar bear’s yellow-white coat.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce pure Silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar and 2-dollar circulation coins.
Add this beautifully colorized 5 oz Silver $2 Big Coin Series to your cart today!