Sparkling in a dizzying array of colors, gemstones are believed to have heightened attributes during the month they represent. This monthly series offers a cross-cultural celebration of the powerful, symbolic beauty of birthstones. The birthstone for October is the opal, which is exquisitely displayed on the surface of the coin.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Each superb coin in the 12-coin series is embedded with a genuine, gem-toned Swarovski® crystal.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: In the background, a beautifully engraved lotus pattern in a modern take on the blooms that traditionally symbolize purity of the heart and mind. A majestic, mid-relief dragon is brought to life through intricate engraving that recreates it in extraordinary detail; its presence also carries a strong meaning, as the dragon is a time-honored symbol of power, strength and good luck in Asian mythology.
Add this 1/4 oz Silver October Birthstones coin to your cart today!