The new DC Comics Originals series has a classic, slightly retro style, recalling the look most comic book fans grew up with and remember fondly.
Basing itself on the DC Comics style of the 1980s, this series celebrates one of the most established looks for the DC Comics pantheon of Superheroes, including the Dark Knight.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued premium presentation case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Mimics a comic book splash page with its engraved rendition of Batman. With arms outstretched and knees bent, Batman fearlessly soars into action against the Gotham City skyline. The application of blue, gray and yellow coloring over the detailed engraving recreate his iconic costume and symbol, while the alternating shades of blue and black add shadowing to his bat-like webbed cape.
- By combining vivid and meaningful packaging with an inspired coin design, this series is an excellent introduction for comic book fans to the world of coin collecting.
Established with firm Canadian roots, Superman was the first super hero, spawning countless new characters in the DC Comics pantheon, such as Batman. He was the inspiration for a new archetype that not only still exists today, but is more popular than ever. Many important Canadian visionaries continue to shape Batman today, lending their talents as storytellers and further building on his history.
This coin is the last in a second-wave series of three coins, which will each pay tribute to DC Comics' greatest Super Heroes presented in their classic form. Add this Silver $20 The Dark Knight coin to your cart today!