Diwali is a dazzling five-day festival of feasts, music and sights. The Gold version of this coin was a tremendous success, as will likely be the case for the Silver.
Diwali's overarching theme of spiritual light, and the triumph of good over evil, makes it a shining reflection of the beauty of the world's cultural diversity, a notion that is at the heart of this fine Silver coin, whose ornate design seemingly radiates with the joyous spirit that prevails during the Festival of Lights.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 8,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Inspired by the elaborate patterns of Indian textiles, ornamentation and mandalas, the reverse design by Canadian artist Sarindar Dhaliwal presents a visually stunning celebration of Diwali as a cherished multicultural tradition in several communities across Canada.
A rich tapestry of powerful symbols! The inclusion of Hindu, Sikh and Jain emblems alongside cultural ones, including Canada’s beloved maple leaf, celebrates Diwali as a powerful reflection of Canada’s vibrant multicultural fabric.
Add this 1 oz Silver $20 Diwali Festival of Lights coin to your cart today!
The outermost ring offers a Canadian twist on the patterned inlay that famously adorns the Taj Mahal, using intricately engraved trilliums and Pacific dogwood blossoms to represent Canada’s largest Indo-Canadian populations in Toronto, Ont., and Vancouver, B.C. Alongside these provincial floral emblems is Canada’s own iconic national symbol, the maple leaf, which reflects a spirit of inclusion and the thriving cultural diversity that defines this nation. Symbols from the Hindu, Sikh and Jain faiths form a series of rings that frame the center, where the silvery shine of the engraved clay lamp (diya) poignantly captures the luminous essence of this ancient tradition known as the Festival of Lights.