O Canada! From colorful flora to iconic fauna and landmarks, breathtaking images of Canada’s landscapes reflect the incredible beauty and diversity of the Canadian experience. Beginning with the beloved icon of Ontario’s lakes, this new 13-coin collaborative series marks the 150th anniversary of Canada with a cross-country journey that celebrates the distinct and timeless wonders of the land.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell with a black beauty box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Offers a sea-level view of the rocky shoreline at Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia. The sun’s first rays appear in the horizon to the east, over the calm waters of the Atlantic Ocean; while its return adds a warming glow to the winter sky, the faint daylight illuminates the wave-battered rocks that line this inlet.
- Struck and applied with vibrant color, each coin is presented in the order of each of Canada’s province or territory’s entry into Confederation.
Third in an exciting 13-coin series: As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks! Add this Lighthouse coin to your cart today.
The iconic Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse is seen rising up toward the sky, a familiar landmark since its construction in 1915 (on the site of the previous 1868 light), and arguably is one of the world’s most photographed lighthouses. The application of vibrant color over engraving recreates the life-like qualities of the original photograph, including the golden hues of the sunrise in a setting that is otherwise dominated by dark blue and gray colors.