The sea has its secrets, for beneath the ocean waves lies a hidden realm filled with enchantment and wonders of all shapes and sizes. This colorful underwater paradise is home to awe-inspiring creatures such as the diminutive seahorse (Hippocampus), whose unique appearance is artfully showcased in the first of a three-coin series that combines color, engraving and beautifully sculpted glass elements.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The application of vivid colored enamel over the detailed engraving recreates the textured rocks, seashells and swaying green grasses that line the sandy ocean floor. To the right, a handcrafted glass embellishment contains a striking seahorse-shaped mosaic murrini element.
- An RCM First: Mosaic murrini. The seahorse-shaped glass element is the result of a laborious handcrafted process in which different colors of glass rods (stringers) are layered and fused together to form a colorful mosaic that reveals the final image when sliced.
Despite its delicate appearance, the glass embellishment is sculpted from borosilicate glass, which is highly resilient yet lightweight. Add this remarkable coin to your cart today!